Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's Like Always Having a Flash Drive.

I'm a big fan of googledocs for sharing/uploading documents that I'm too lazy to move to a flash drive. But what about all the other junk I keep on my flash drive, or what about the times when I don't want to convert my word docs to googledocs? Well, that's what I use drop.io for. It's perfect for uploading any kind of file on a temporary site that is viewable by only the people you allow. For example, I just uploaded some of the logos for the fencing team as illustrator files and it worked perfectly. You can also set passwords to protect your stuff even more. What's also great is that you can set an expiration date for your data, so even if you do forget about it you'll still be protected.
PLUS, you can upload new data by calling the drop itself, and also use the drop to conference call.
So,
drop.io = amazingly easy to use, free, no sign ups, and incredibly flexible.
I guess it really is "The simplest way to share online."